Monday, November 19, 2012

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

    Thanksgiving holiday is this week! Yahoo! I know that when Thanksgiving comes around, people start making lists of what they're thankful for. Right now, I'm going to do just that. However, since I know that it can get a little boring hearing the same thing over and over and over again about what people are thankful for, I'm going to change things up a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's great to share with other people what we're thankful for, I'm just going to make it a bit more interesting. I'm going to write a list of small things that I'm thankful for, not just the average "I'm thankful for my family and friends..." type stuff. It'll be more like random, slightly insignificant things. So, here it goes. . .

I am thankful for...
  1. Napkin baskets. I was just sitting here at my dining room table thinking about how much I like my napkin basket and of how useful it is.
  2. Clean water.
  3. Being able to have free access to an extremely large amount of books through libraries.
  4. Learning Espanol.
  5. Cars and telephones! Without them, I wouldn't be able to be in contact with family in different states.
  6. Porcupines. They are really cool and I think they're super cute! 
  7. Museums.
  8. Pot holders.
  9. Exfoliating face wash.  
  10. Really warm socks.
  11. Belts.
  12. Paper. I love paper.
  13. Sudoku.
  14. Christmas lights. I'm glad that we don't use actual candles. My Christmas would end in disaster every year if we did!
  15. Candles. (As long as their not on a Christmas tree!)
  16. Potato peelers. 
  17. Pony-tail holders and bobby pins.
  18. Cameras.
  19. Umbrellas. They're just so much fun, AND they're very useful!
  20. Pens. I'm glad that we don't just have quill's and ink to use anymore. We have more options now! 
  21. Ice trays.  

1 comment: