Friday, November 9, 2012

Old Rhymes . . .

   I was just flipping through my old journal that I used in my English class a few years ago hoping that I would find some inspiration for a blog post to write. Then I found it. Exactly what I was looking for.

    I found my old poetry.

   As I was reading through it all, I was very entertained and laughed at a lot of it, yet, I was also pretty impressed. Some of my poems weren't actually that bad! My junior high self actually had some pretty good ideas. I was beginning to think that it would be fun to share my poetry with other people. I find it rather entertaining(even the bad stuff. It makes me laugh!), so I was hoping that it would also entertain others besides myself. But then I realized that the only two people in the whole entire world who have seen my poetry is myself and my English teacher. Then suddenly, I had an epiphany! I could just re-write my poetry into my "modern journal" . . . My blog!

   So, without further ado, here is my old poetry! About 99.9% of this poetry is all haikus; but, alas, haikus are my favorite form of poetry. :)

"y=mx+b"
Graphing is not fun.
At least, that is what they say.

Yet, it is my joy!

"Tendus & Bautmas"
Releve, plie,
Releve, plie, jump, jump.

Life has ups and downs.

"She is"
Dancing, she is
Clothed in orange and red, she is

She is the fire.

"Valentines Day"
Distressed and lonely
Until this very day.
Where everything is cheery
And in a bright array.

"The Journey"
The big grey waves
Up and down we go along

With a yellow stripe.

"Dreams of Summer"
The summer fairies,
The dandelions in the air,

Are just the snowflakes in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment