Friday, September 20, 2013

Back in my hometown...

Hello everyone! I just arrived back home today after being on vacation in Oregon at my grandparents house. I had a very nice time and enjoyed my trip. Here's some updates on what happened while I was gone:

My mother, my sister, and I began to make the drive up to Oregon on a Monday morning. On the way we stopped at the house of my cousin and his fiance to see them and their adorable little baby boy. Sadly, my cousin was not there because he was at work, but we enjoyed the time that we had with his fiance and sweet boy.

From there, we continued on and stopped one more time to visit my aunt and uncle (my fathers brother) and their two daughters (my cousins, also the sisters of the cousin I mentioned before) and their (total of) six kids. We hung out with them all evening and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the bonding time that we had. It was a very cool experience. We stayed the night at my aunt and uncle's house and left in the morning to complete our trip up to Oregon.

We arrived the next day at my grandparents wonderfully amazing house, and so our vacation officially began.

Over the course of the time at my grandparents house, we would have days where we would just sit around and rest, watching TV, reading books, just doing whatever we'd feel like doing until it was time for dinner. My sister made a couple very delicious Ukrainian dishes for us over the course of the first three days. I enjoyed that very much.
We also had a couple work days. One of the missions that we had to accomplish while on vacation was to move my sister into my grandparents house. She is going to be working on a internship for the Elisha Foundation in Oregon, and the family that she is working for lives there, so she's moving in with my grandparents. So, while my mom and grandma were unpacking her stuff I would usually be doing homework in the upstairs room.
One night, we had dinner with the Reimmers for their son Abe's birthday.
On Sunday, we all went to my grandparents church and then went out to lunch at The Original Pancake House, which was delicious. While I was there, I ate two pumpkin pancakes, one sour dough pancake, two sausage links, two eggs, two very large pieces of bacon, and white a bit of potatoes. I ate absolutely all of it and was completely stuffed. That night, my aunt and uncle (my mothers brother) and my cousin came over for dinner.
The next day we just rested and I did a little bit of homework.
On Tuesday, we had to wake up at 6:00am to take my sister to the airport because she was going on her first trip for her internship. After a very teary goodbye, my mom and grandma and I went back to The Original Pancake House and had breakfast there again. From there, we went home and got ourselves ready for a shopping day to cheer ourselves up. We went shopping for a very very very long time, then, at 8 o'clock, we went to a restaurant called Baldy's to have dinner with my aunt and uncle again. At dinner, I ate a (petite) rack of baby back ribs with coleslaw, beans, and a delicious appetizer of fried okra. Again, I ate all of it.
On Wednesday, I did homework all day long until 8:00, then I sat for two hours and watched Restaurant Impossible and America's Got Talent. At 10:00, I packed up everything for the long drive home the next day.
The long 10 hour drive back home to Patterson the next day consisted of some music, a lot of doodling, ice cream, and almost the whole second half of the Hunger Games.
That was basically the whole of my trip, missing a few minor details.

Thank you for listening.
~M

1 comment: