Friday, September 6, 2013

I'm back... Again.

Well, here I am, back to blogging again! It's for real this time, I promise. I know that in my last post that I said that I was back and that I had something exciting to post for everyone; however, things did not really work out as I had planned them and I'm sorry for that. It's just a part of life. Things come up and plans change.

The truth is, I had planned something exciting for you at the start of the summer, because I thought that I would have a lot of extra time to blog because school was over. It turns out that my summer was much more exciting and action packed than I had expected it to be; therefore, I never got around to blogging.

But now, summer is over, school has started, and I'm ready to pour out my thoughts and emotions onto my blog for you and all of the world to see!

I am very excited about this year and all of the new things that it will bring. I am a senior now, just starting my last year of high school. I am a little scared and nervous about everything that is happening and that is to come. I have a ton of choices to make within the next two years that can change my life drastically. I am a little terrified, but I know I'll survive. Generally everybody does, the difficult part is just figuring out how.

Seriously though, I'll be fine. I have my family, who have all gotten through high school and (mostly) through college and have turned out all right. In fact, I think they are all pretty magnificent. There's my mom, my dad, my two brothers and their amazing wives, and my older sister. They have all been through the same things and they understand. We all look out for each other and I know that they are always here for me. No matter what I do, where I go, what choices I make, or what my plans are for the future, they are always around to help me out.

I also have my friends for support. They are my never ending supply of comedy relief, and I love them for that. That fact alone makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world to have them all as friends. Whenever I lose sight of reality and I get all stressed out and anxious, my friends are always there to remind me that I'm not in it alone. They remind me that I'm not the only one who is struggling at times. We're all generally experiencing the same things, and we can all relate.

The best support that I have and will every have is my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my rock, my shelter, my healer, my father, and everything that I will ever need. He is the best reassurance that I'm not in this alone. He is by my side throughout absolutely everything. One of my favorite Bible verses is "Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.", 1 Peter 5:7. If I ever forget that, the Lord just hits me upside the head pretty hard with a Bible, I remember, and I'm good to go remembering that He is my everlasting support.

There you have it. I will survive because I have my family, my friends, and God to help me through. Every now and then I do need someone to kindly tell me "Suck it up... pull yourself together and focus. You will be fine."
So, with the loving, yet firm support of those most dear to me, I embark on a new adventure where many things are going to change. Be prepared for some new and exciting posts along the way and every now and then we can have a little(very one-sided) chat kind of like this one. 

Thank you for listening.
~M

P.S. any suggestions for a new blog background would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of searching. Thanks. :)

2 comments:

  1. http://thefoxisblack.com/dwpimages/adam-hancher-1440x900.jpg

    I think this picture would be cute!

    http://www.christianfreebies.com/images/backgrounds/background14.jpg

    But this one's really pretty.

    http://backgrounds.crossmap.com/christian-backgrounds/wallpaper496_1024x768.jpg

    And this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete