Monday, March 10, 2014

*facepalm*

(Please read this warning in a very fast, matter-of-fact voice.)
 
WARNING: This blog post is meant to be very over dramatic, a little sarcastic, and in not entirely 100% true. This post is based on true events but has been hyperbolized for dramatic effect. Please take the proceeding statements lightly and do not be concerned.



   I have an issue. I just recently went through a rather traumatic event and I may not be mentally, emotionally, possibly even physically stable for some time. I have a story to tell and I feel that it must be heard. I don't want to be alone any longer.

   Last night, I was out to dinner with my grandparents, my cousin, and my mother. We went to a restaurant where all they served was gourmet pizza. I was enjoying my time with my family eating wonderful food when, at 7:00 pm on the 60 inch television mounted high up on the wall to my right, appeared the one hour recap/summary episode for Once Upon a Time.

You have GOT to be kidding me. *facepalm* (Because this is the worst possible thing that could be happening right now.)

   Immediately I went into a panic knowing that I wasn't going to be able to watch it because I was in the middle of a family dinner; and besides, the volume on the television was muted and there was music playing in the background. I began to hyperventilate and I became very dizzy because I did not know where to look anymore. I knew that I had to avert my eyes. It was torture. There it was, on the large screen in my perfect view and I couldn't watch it. Worst of all, I knew that the premiere began in only one hour.

   One hour later, at 8:00 pm, the screen went dark and the familiar main title appeared on the screen, green with the all too familiar "enchanted spell smoke" billowing in the background. I didn't think I would make. There it was, the ONCE UPON A TIME 2014 SPRING PREMIERE being played on a MASSIVE SCREEN on my right AND getting reflected in the wall of mirrors in front of me and I couldn't watch it.

You have GOT to be kidding me. *facepalm*

   And so it began. There was Emma having breakfast with Henry, Captain Hook appearing looking all dashing and depressed, begging for Emma's help. Then there's Baelfire, the Charming's, Regina, and the WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST... And I couldn't hear their voices. I could only sit there, look on, and cry.

   Now here I am, sitting at home with my heart and my mind broken in two, waiting to watch the patiently and painfully waited for episode 12: New York City Serenade.

Feeling of the day:

And yes, this is absolutely a feeling.


Thanks for listening.
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment