Sunday, October 7, 2012

I can't wait for LEGGINGS to go out of style.

This is a subject that I am VERY passionate about.

   I cannot WAIT for leggings to go out of style! And I don't mean leggings themselves, it's more like the way people wear them.
   Leggings were made to be worn under dresses or skirts if their to short. You can also wear them under dresses, skirts, jeans, and pajamas for extra warmth. I believe that that is how leggings are truly supposed to be worn. Those ways to wear leggings are absolutely fine and on occasion I even wear them these ways myself even though I would really rather not. I, in fact, avoid wearing them as much as possible.

   However, that's not how people are usually wearing them these days. This is the part of leggings that I really, really, REALLY want to go out of style. People wear leggings by themselves! ALONE! There's no skirt or dress being worn over them and their certainly not wearing them for warmth under pants or pajamas (in truth, leggings by themselves are not very warm... at all.). They're just wearing plain old leggings. That is not the way they are supposed to be worn! The reasons it's bad to wear them by themselves is because:
  1. They're extremely inappropriate!
  2. The leggings certainly do not EVER stay where they belong on your body! This is one of the major reasons they're so terribly unattractive.
  3. Unless your extremely fit, they are never attractive to wear by themselves. And if you are extremely fit and they do look good on you, then that's also a problem. People will be "looking" at them for the wrong reasons.
  4. Unless the leggings are especially thick or are printed with crazy colors, they're all generally sheer. So whatever your wearing underneath those leggings, we can see it.
So, leggings are absolutely NOT supposed to be worn by themselves. The only reason they ever should be worn by themselves is if your working out with a bunch of girls, which I believe is absolutely fine (even then, I avoid it). But otherwise, don't do it. Please. Just. Don't. Do it. I honestly hope that leggings go out of style, because if they do, they'll only be worn underneath things for length and for extra warmth. If leggings go out of style, they won't ever (hopefully) be worn by themselves again!
  
  

2 comments:

  1. I am so out of style. I didn't realize it was fashionable for people to run around in "leggings". As part of my effort to become more hip (is that a groovy thing to say??) to fashion I will now wear my leggings every Tuesday morning. Because I am that stylish. Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This post is SO. TRUE. Thank you for having some common sense, Mad- er, "Marie".

    ReplyDelete